Convert to FAA
To apply for a to a FAA certificate validation based on your foreign ICAO license, you need to have:
- a valid and current foreign ICAO license, of the same of higher level to which you are applying for conversion to.
- the foreign license must be validated by the Authority that issued it (done internally by the FAA for all bar UK CAA issued licences)
- submit the following form (found by clicking here) the the FAA, 90 days in advance of your conversion date. The number to fax the form to is 1 405 954 9922.
- visit a FAA FSDO office (click here to locate the closest) to collect the validation in person with suitable identification.
In order to convert to any FAA License you must meet the experience as per FAR Part 61 for the issue of the license you are applying for, and you must complete the following:
- Flight and ground training as required to prepare you for the flight test
- Attain a FAA Medicalcertificate
- Attain a pass in the relevant theory examination
- Complete and pass a flight and oral test for the licence level you are applying for with a Designated Examiner.
Upon completion of the above steps you will be issued with a FAA Pilots Licence.