Pre-Requisites for Flight Training

Pilot Certificates needed for inflight or simulator training

Flying our training aircraft and be able to log ‘legal’ turbine flight time in one of our courses, the following is an overview of license and certificate requirements, endorsements and ratings prior to start training.

Requirements Inflight Training Inflight Training PIC Simulator Training Time Building
= required, = recommended, = not necessary, = training possible, = appointment possible
FAA Pilot Certificate (PPL, CPL, ATP) any/none
FAA Multi-Engine Rating
FAA Medical
Biennial Flight Review
Instrument Rating (incl. w/ ATP)
Instrument Current
High Performance Endorsement
Complex Endorsement
High Altitude Endorsement
Total Flight Time >250 >250 <50 >500
Total ME Time >100 >100 0 >150
ATP checkride (*) prep

(*) Note: A different set of flight time experience is required for an Airline Transportation Pilot (ATP) checkride. Please check 14 CFR FAR 61.159.

Pilot Certificate for Inflight Training

All of our dedicated training King Airs are N-registered (USA). To act as Pilot-In-Command (a.k.a. PIC) the pilot must hold a valid FAA pilot certificate (private, commercial or ATP) with a multiengine rating, a high-performance endorsement (FAR Part 61.31(f)), a complex aircraft endorsement (FAR Part 61.31(e)), a high-altitude endorsement (FAR Part 61.31(g)), a valid Biennial Flight Review (FAR Part 61.56) and a FAA Medical Certificate.

An instrument rating is not essential, but highly recommended. Instrument currency (FAR Part 61.57(c)) is not critical and can be achieved during training.


In order to fly with our training aircraft we require every pilot to carry some non-owned aircraft liability insurance. This requirement is to protect yours and our interests both. You can purchase renters insurance from a number of sources for less than two hundred dollars per year.

Absolute minimum requirements to start inflight training:

To start inflight training, the pilot must have a valid pilot certificate with multi-engine rating and a valid FAA medical certificate. All other mentioned endorsements (IFR, IFR currency, high-altitude, complex, high-performance, RVSM) can be accomplished within our training courses.

Pilots with an ICAO license need to convert into a FAA certificate. The conversion for PPL or CPL in combination with a multi-engine rating is straightforward. You don’t need to convert your ATPL to participate in our training. If you hold an ICAO intrument rating, you’ll need only to pass the FAA instrument written test to sport it on your FAA certificate. All restrictions of your ICAO license will apply to your FAA certificate.

International Trainee Pilots | TSA & VISA Requirements

TSA Requirements VISA Requirements Contact us >>
Page generated in
0.00633 sec